Enough Coverage: Choosing the Right Individual Health Insurance

« Back to Home

Home Insurance Agent Services For Renters And Homeowners

Posted on

Whether you rent or own your home, you need insurance to protect it. Renters insurance can safeguard renters and their belongings against theft and property damage. Renters insurance can also protect renters from legal liability if someone is hurt in their home. Homeowners insurance covers these same scenarios, but it also insures the value of your house itself.

Shopping for home insurance on your own can be difficult, but an insurance agent can help you get a great deal on the type of insurance you need. Here are some ways a home insurance agent can help you:

1. Assist you in finding the right insurance company for your home insurance needs.

Home insurance is offered by many different companies. Some insurance agents work with specific insurers, but you can also hire an insurance agent who is unaligned with any one company. Independent insurance agents can help you find the insurance company that will give you the best deal on renters or homeowners insurance. Your ideal insurance company may depend on several factors, such as the insurance policies you already hold. Existing insurance policies may grant you lower rates with certain companies if these companies offer insurance bundle deals.

2. Help you calculate the value of your personal belongings.

When applying for home insurance, you will need to estimate the value of your belongings. Some people choose to hire independent appraisers for this process, but you can also estimate the value of your own belongings by creating a home inventory. The home inventory lists items of value located in your house or apartment. If you're applying for homeowners insurance, you should also include the market value of your home and property. Your insurance agent can help you through this process by giving you a list of common valuables that you should include in your inventory.

3. Choose the level of coverage you require.

Not all home insurance policies are alike. Most policies cover incidents of theft and property damage, but fires, floods, and earthquake damage are sometimes covered under additional policies. You may not need these forms of insurance if you live in an area where certain types of natural disasters are rare. However, it's usually better to be overinsured than underinsured in the event of an accident. Your home insurance agent can help you conduct an accurate risk assessment for your property. Based on their expert advice, you can choose the level of coverage that fits your budget and protects you against the most likely forms of property damage.

For more information on home insurance agent services, contact a professional near you.